Sunday, October 07, 2007

Random blogservations

Sonia Sunshine has a contest going on over at her place. It's kind of a comment-whoring deal where part of the idea is to post something about the blogs we like. I'm just too out of it to do a detailed post, and there's no way in hell I'd win that contest because Sonia knows some high-powered folks, but if one or two (or more) of you click the link and leave a comment to the effect of "The Doctor sent me", I'd be flattered.

I left an obligatory blase comment on her contest thread, and Sonia e-mailed me back: "You sound tired - lol." If anybody should be tired, it's Sonia. She takes loving care of her husband, they're raising four children, and she contributes to at least four blogs that I know of. She even has a role in a
reality TV series, for cryin' out loud. I don't see how she does it.

But yeah, I'm tired all right. We've got three guys out sick, and Friday was my first day off in over a week. I didn't even bother to turn the computer on. I went out and grilled some hamburgers and bratwurst, drank a few beers, and went to bed early.


*****

OK then, what are we to make of this?



The moral is probably that we should trust a woman's intuition. Or maybe God is seriously concerned about our appliance choices? Maybe the blender is possessed after all. The Talk To Action article that the video was nicked from contains some sinister implications, not all of which I'm sure I agree with. No one can deny, though, that Christian America has developed its own media sources and outlets, and that they have a significant impact upon how millions of Americans think.