Sunday, September 09, 2007

Go read something else

That's an odd request from a blogger. I've been busy with real life, though, so I don't have much to offer you folks at the moment.

I've spent a good deal of time outside the last few days. Mrs. S. dropped a tabletop on her big toe. Not a big table, it was a small portable table maybe two feet in diameter, but the top was heavy and it smashed her toe good - the toenail fell off, and she hasn't been able to wear a shoe. This has left me to do all of the watering, weeding, and other outdoor chores lately - watering takes almost three hours in itself. I hoped to get caught up some at work, but instead we walked into a mess last night. It turned out to be one of those nights where the treatment process had to be watched closely since we had little room for error. This didn't leave much time for web-surfing.

For now, some suggestions for you to check out:

With the anniversary of 9/11 approaching, you'll be interested in reading Dave's firsthand account of his experiences at Rather Than Working. The basics are that Dave had business in New York City on 9/11/01. Dave's appointment was canceled, and he couldn't get home. He's written three parts to his story so far; read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

Or help Beth propagate her meme. Beth asks about a series of topics, and she wants to know what one thing you would answer with (favorite book, favorite song, to give a couple of examples). She's had it up for a while, but there's still some of you who haven't seen it who might be interested in participating. (I know, Beth, I still owe you.)

Check out some bloggers I've started reading recently who have some interesting things to say: Jeni (Down River Drivel), Magnetbabe (Field Lines), Brian Holland (Holland's Comet), Posolxstvo (Niagaran Pebbles), and Chris Wilcox (Red Hog Diary).

Read something serious. Find out how the Internet changed the world, and how Facebook is changing relationships. At the very least there's some insight as to why I want nothing to do with MySpace or Facebook.

Of course, you can always read Watching Those We Chose, the groupblog in which I hold a 1/18th share. The good thing about so many bloggers is that there's always something fresh and interesting up whenever you visit.

Next week is continuing education week, where I spend a few days in the classroom in return for the privilege of keeping the water treatment operators license bestowed upon me by the State of Tennessee. I may not be back here for a few more days.