Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

This is getting frustrating. Every time I'm ready to get things cranked up again, the computer at home goes on the fritz, which means I can't keep up with anything except during whatever time I can cobble together at work. This time, I can't even get on the internet from home, and the computer guy says that whatever it is in Windows that recognizes protocols with outside servers is corrupted, and he would have to reinstall Windows to fix the problem. It would cost less to buy a new hard drive than what he would charge me for that job. Money is tight right now with the medical bills, and it might be several weeks before I can buy a new machine. So I've spent most of my online time tonight trying to find a fix for my problem; perhaps I can find something that the computer guy overlooked, and fix the thing myself.

With The Hill once again in a semi-dormant state, we once again turn to others making useful contributions to the many internets:

What would Easter be without an anti-theocracy blogswarm? Lots of interesting stuff there for folks to check out. Especially good are Tristero's contributions on Christian political theory that can be read by scrolling through Digby's place.

Check out this article written by Thomas Sheehan a few years back on how some Jesus scholars view the origins of Easter. Or if the crucified Christ isn't your thing, you might be interested in Five Alternatives To Christianity.

No cool music videos to pass along, but Jurassicpork at Welcome To Pottersville has once again arranged a photoessay to another great Who song, "Won't Get Fooled Again". Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

If you've passed by all the links thus far, don't skip this one. Our friend Sonia Sunshine at Pursuit Of Happiness is blogging on autism awareness. When you go over to her place, be sure to say hello; Sonia is donating a dollar to the Autism Research Institute for each comment left with her post.

Have patience, my dwindling readership. I'll come around the neighborhood as I get a chance.