Saturday, March 03, 2007

Technical difficulties... please stand by



I knew that sucker'd come in handy someday...

It's been a rough week here on the Hill; that's why you haven't heard from me lately.

Monday evening, I was making dinner while Mrs. S. laid down for a nap. She woke up screaming for me to call an ambulance. She was feeling severe pain in her chest running down through her left arm, and feeling pressure on her chest like nothing she had ever had before. They gave her nitro in the ambulance and had her chew asprins. They ran an EKG and did blood work at the hospital, but the emergency room doctor was of little help. He diagnosed an "inflamed chest wall" and sent us home with a prescription. We are now awaiting an appointment with a cardiologist in order to find out whether or not Mrs. S. has heart problems.

The next day something or other wiped out the security settings on my hard drive, and I can't reset them. This means, among other things, that I can't log in to Blogger from home, use Firefox, or access most things that require a password. The computer acts as if it is searching for the missing security application, but I can't reinstall it because I can't access the site to do it from. After fooling with it for about three hours, I gave up; a professional is going to have to fix it. This may not happen for another week or two as a sick spouse takes precedence over a sick hard drive.

For the time being I'm going to try to keep things going from work. I don't like blogging from work, since with work activities going on I can't concentrate on writing decent posts. If we're not too busy here I'll throw something up in the next couple of days to keep things going.

Just thought I'd let everybody know what's going on.