Monday, May 19, 2008

Today's chuckle

Father-in-law strikes again:

Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Mc Cain were flying to a debate.

Barack looked at Hillary, chuckled and said, 'You know I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy.'

Hillary shrugged her shoulders and replied, 'I could throw ten $100 bills out of the window and make ten people very happy.'

John added, 'That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy.'

Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his copilot, 'Such big-shots back there. I could throw all three of them out of the window and make 156 million people very happy.'


My father-in-law still keeps up. He spent his career active in the Steelworker's Union; at one time he was a state officer. He also served 12 years as an alderman in his town. I've been scared to bring up the election with him, though, especially since the three remaining candidates are members of groups (blacks, women, Republicans) that he feels are unqualified to serve as occupants of the White House.