Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A friendly reminder



Vote. Because they never rest.

UPDATE FROM SUMNER COUNTY, TENNESSEE, DISTRICT 11, PRECINCT 2: I went by the polls after I got off work, and arrived there about 6:45 AM. The line was snaking around the school and well out into the parking lot. At least 150 people waiting for the polls to open. I drove home and went to bed.

I got up at 2:30 and gave it another try. I was in and out in 20 minutes. The nice thing about living in a precinct where the median income is close to six figures is that everybody's in the big city making money during the day. No Diebold here. These voting machines were made by somebody I believe was called Infinity.

My precinct generally goes 3-1 Republican so my vote will probably be lost in the flood again. I'm sure the guy behind me canceled it out - he was telling his wife, "Jimmy Carter presided over the biggest tax increase in American history. I made $500 one week, and I only got $200 after they took out taxes." Last time, it was the woman who said, "I wait until I get the flyer from Tennessee Right-To-Life and I vote for whoever it says to." I keep soldiering on, your light in the darkness of redneck suburbia.