Thursday, January 11, 2007

Then play on

From what I can tell, the new Hill looks a lot like the old Hill. Once I post this, we'll see if the new Hill also works like the old Hill.

I finally got a day off from work today, but Mrs.S. chose to remind me that I promised to paint the back bathroom once I got a chance to do so. The back bathroom is small - kind of like a walk-in closet - so there wasn't a lot of actual painting to do, just lots of tight spaces. This led to more twisting and turning than a 46 year old who has had three back surgeries should do.

While I've got your attention, allow me to point out another fine new blog. Watching Those We Chose is a group of veteran bloggers and commenters associated with Kevin Drum's Political Animal (including occasional Hill visitor Blue Girl, Red State) who have taken on the task of watching and reporting on the deeds and misdeeds of the Congressional delegations of their home states. They're all good folks and they should provide us with a lot of interesting reading on those who allegedly govern us.

Also, for a uniquely female (though not necessarily feminist) take on political matters, go over and check out The Soccer Mom Vote. Our good friend Sonia has signed on as a blogger there and will be adding her distinctly libertarian voice to the mix soon.

Now, if y'all don't mind, I'm going to pop a pain pill and go to bed. There's a reason you don't see many 46 year old contortionists working the midway...

Labels: , , ,