Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday break

First, if you haven't visited milady's blog of late, Jenn is walking away, for a while at least, maybe forever. We've developed a great relationship in RL, but it all started here on the blogs, and I'll miss her writing, even though we see each other everyday.

There are a few things we need to work out as a couple, and a few more to work out with the kids as a family. Mostly it's just part of the growing pains associated with an evolving relationship. The main thing is that any growing relationship requires time and effort, which will have an impact upon this corner of the blogosphere as well.

Basically, I'm at a stage where I need to concentrate more of my efforts on real-life stuff for the time being. Not that I've spent all that much time at writing, but there comes a time that you have to look at the unproductive things you do online. We've all wasted time online, I think - hours spent in forums and comment threads where the conversations circle around and around and end up nowhere, hopping from link to link and finding you've just burnt a couple of hours without really learning anything new, and plenty of other vices you can think of. For me, I feel I'm at a point that for in order for this blog to continue, I need to spend less time reading junk, and learn to use the limited time I have online more wisely.

This is not the end. But I'm not planning to do any posting apart from perhaps a couple of Beatles posts during the holiday season. I just need time to focus, remind myself that my real-life relationships come first, and make a few adjustments that will ensure that I can continue to do this for years to come.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, and I hope your holidays are enjoyable and festive. Thank you again for the attention you've given me over the last three-plus years.